President, Owner and Managing Director
I started ETS (Executive Talent Search) in 2000 as an affiliate of The MRINetwork, the largest search and recruitment organization in the world. During the first year we realized the importance of focusing all our time and expertise on a single market. Since that time ETS has grown every year. ETS consists of three very talented teams of more than twenty recruiting professionals who have successfully placed thousands of professionals with clients in all 50 states and 5 countries. We are currently ranked in the top 20 of more than 700 MRINetwork Affiliates world-wide. Our specialized recruiting practices include:
- ETS Dental – Recognized as the leading search and recruitment firm for Dentists, Dental Specialists and Dental Office Leaders/Managers in the country. We cater to the needs of independent practices and regional groups.
- ETS Vision – Recognized as the leading search and recruitment firm for Optometrists and Ophthalmologists in the country. We cater to the needs of independent practices and regional groups.
- ETS Tech-Ops – Specializes in finding and placing Material Science Engineers, Scientists, Product Development and Manufacturing Leadership with Material Science focused companies around the globe.
Each of our ETS Dental Account Executives/Recruiters are experts in finding and placing Dentists, Dental Specialists and Practice Leaders in their region. That is all they do. I can assure you that every client and candidate is very important us.
ETS is not a generalized health care or engineering recruiting firm. Our philosophy is to be the recruiting equivalent of a category killer and serve a highly defined market better than anyone else. Each of our recruiting practices operates as an independent business and has a team solely dedicated to their particular market. Each Account Executive/Recruiter is highly tenured and has worked for ETS more than two years prior being promoted into the Account Executive/Recruiter position. Each recruiting practice maintains and continuously updates a database of all practices/clinics/organizations and candidates in the markets they serve. Each month the ETS Dental team makes more than thirty thousand phone/email/social networking touches with candidates and clients in their market. If your practice needs a Dentist, Dental Specialist or Practice Leader, nobody is better equipped to find the right candidates than ETS Dental.
I LOVE THIS BUSINESS!
Years ago, it became very clear to me that the key to becoming a successful business or practice was building, retaining, and motivating a world-class team. I have started a business from scratch, moved to another state for a great opportunity and juggled the obligations of being a husband and a father of four while building a successful business.
As a professional recruiter, it was my job to find a long-term fit for my client and my candidate. In my current role, it is my job to provide our growing team of tenured Account Executives/Recruiters with the best databases, training, technology, tools and support available so their recruiting services to our clients and candidates are second to none. When it comes to our clients, we realize there are few business decisions more important than finding the right person for their practice or organization. When it comes to our candidates, we also realize there are few decisions that are more personal and more important than a career change.
Anyone can email resumes or CVs. It takes a professional to truly understand the needs of both the clients and candidates we serve.
My previous experience includes:
- Vice President of a Leading IT Contract Staffing Firm in the Southeast.
- Director/General Manager of the OEM/Route Management Division of the World’s Leading High Security Lock Company.
- National Advertising Manager – National Advertising Manager for a Specialty Niche Insurance company.
- Market Research – Conducted database and direct marketing research projects for clients of one of the world’s largest Global Advertising Agencies.
I grew up on a grape farm in the Finger Lakes Area of New York State. I earned a BS in Business from Rochester Institute of Technology and an MBA from Xavier University in Cincinnati, OH. My Wife Sharon and I reside in Roanoke VA. We have four great kids. Heather recently earned her Masters in Elementary Education and Bachelors in Historic Preservation from University of Mary Washington. David is a Senior at Virginia Tech majoring in Mechanical Engineering. Ben is a Freshman at the Honors College at Virginia Tech majoring in Business with a concentration in Entrepreneurship, Samantha is a Junior in High School.